Midwife-ette - almost a midwife!

Midwife in training. Or student midwife, if you will. Although I prefer midwife in training, as student midwife conjurs up the beer-guzzling, tequila-snorting, casual-sex-having lifestyle I should be leading, but am just too damn busy for.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, October 24, 2005

Pop my cherry

I am a blog virgin.

Correction: I was a blog virgin. I've just set up a blog and written a description. I'm writing my first post. That's got to be the blogging equivalent of fellatio, surely? When I actually press post on this, I'm going to count myself a put-it-about blog ho. I hope it's good. Does the earth move?

Anyway, enough babbling. This blog is going to serve as my reflective diary whilst I'm training to be a midwife. What I do, how I do it, why I do it, what I should have done better, what went fantastically, and above all, how I feel about it all. They're big on feelings, my lecturers. It can get a little touchy-feely-vegan-hippy-commune-karma-yoghurt-weaving in my lectures occasionally. But anyway, we're supposed to keep a reflective diary as a learning tool. And today seems as good a day as any to start, as it was my first day in clinical practice placement. Mostly paperwork etc, but I have the blog ready to go when I actually do something. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home